Equity Capital Markets
We act for issuers, investment bank and other advisers, underwriters and shareholders.
We have considerable experience acting in equity capital markets matters in Malaysia. We have also worked with foreign legal counsel and foreign advisers on Malaysian equity capital market offerings which involve corresponding offerings under rule 144A and regulation S in U.S. Securities laws. We also work with foreign legal counsel and foreign advisers in listings and securities offerings involving stock exchanges outside of Malaysia. We were counsel for the first two initial public offerings and listing of businesses from the Peoples’ Republic of China on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad, the principal Malaysian stock exchange.
Our work has covered areas including:
– regulatory due diligence
– drafting of prospectuses, applications to authorities and the stock exchange, information
memoranda and circulars
– initial public offerings and new listings
– reverse takeovers leading to the acquisition of a listed entity or the transfer of its listing to another
– transfers of listings from one board of a stock exchange to another
– rights issues, restricted offers for sale, placements and secondary offerings
– bonus issues
– employee share option schemes and share grant plans
– foreign securities offerings and listings
– drafting of related agreements and other documents